Curry is a popular dish all over the world. It’s believed to have many health benefits for us humans from some of the spices, but what about dogs? Usually the answer would be no, it’s not really recommended to give your dog a traditional curry as its likely to give your dog tummy problems as there are many other ingredients other than spice used in traditional curry recipes. However a little spice of turmeric that can be used in curry recipes could make a significant difference and benefit to your dog in many different ways.
Turmeric is a safe spice for most dogs and can help boost immunities as well as being:
- An antioxidant that may help to prevent certain cancers
- Anti-inflammatory that can help with things like itchy skin issues, joint pain
- Natural antibacterial
- Promotes heart and liver health protecting the liver from toxins
- Promotes digestive health
- A natural detox
Turmeric is one of the ingredients in our Hearty and Wholesome Chicken Curry Range so whilst a conventional curry maybe out of bounds for your canine friend, your furry friend doesn't need to miss out!
Lovejoys wanted to produce recipes that were not only delicious, but nutritious too based tailored to suit the needs and requirements for our canine friends to eat and enjoy on one of the nations favourite dishes!
Lovejoys’ Rufus wanted to share with you some more information about our Hearty & Wholesome Chicken Curry range.
Lovejoys have carefully selected a range of ingredients that not only taste great but serve a purpose to your dogs healthy wellbeing.
- Chicken – provides all the essential protein.
- Brown Rice – provides essential fibre which, when combined with the chicken, helps to produce small, firm stools.
- Seaweed – a rich source of DHA, which is important for healthy brain, vision and nervous system development.
- Tumeric, garlic and cumin – improves palatability while also having anti-inflammatory properties and can help repel fleas.
All ingredients are slowly cooked together to create a beautifully flavoured nutritious dish that’s been designed especially for your dog. *
The Final Results:
A delicious, wholesome, British classic that your dog will love.
*Please note that all diagrams/images is simply for illustration purposes and may not be representational of the full cooking process.
Any questions you may have can be sent to Customerservice@lovejoyspetfood.co.uk.